Time to Celebrate
This is the main event! Immediately following the Parade, join us for a vibrant celebration of WNY’s LGBTQ+ community, featuring entertainment, family activities, food and beverages, live performances and nonprofit and retail vendors. And while you’re at it, bring some new faces! Invite friends and family who haven’t experienced the Festival to come and see what it’s all about.
- Sunday, June 7, 2020
1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Canalside Buffalo
44 Prime St, Buffalo, NY 14202
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1 Why is there a fee for Pride Festival?
Admission fees help us offset the many Pride Week production expenses that have grown along with the size of the Festival. These expenses include such things as site rental, security and labor. Using a popular site like Canalside allows us to accommodate many more Festival-goers, but it also means needing more resources to ensure all attendees’ safety and enjoyment. Your continued generosity helps us create an exceptional experience for everyone.
- Q2 Are pets allowed?
In accordance with our event insurance and advisement from the SPCA, pets are NOT permitted at Pride Festival events.
According to a statement from the SPCA of Erie County: “Arts festivals, food festivals, summer fireworks displays and other crowded outdoor events are no places for dogs. Extremely hot weather paired with immense crowds of people and strange noises and scents heightens the stress level for many animals; the repetitive, exploding sound of fireworks is enough to make even the calmest animal frantic and sometimes aggressive. Your pet’s body is closer to the asphalt and can heat up much more quickly. The hot pavement can also burn unprotected, sensitive paw pads.” Click here for additional information about pet safety in the summer.
- Q3 Is Pride Festival accessible?
We strive to make all events as inclusive as possible. Please note, grassy and historic cobblestone areas can be challenging for individuals with walkers, wheelchairs and canes but there are accessible areas along various paved and boardwalk portions of this outdoor event location. There is a designated accessible viewing area for the stage. We are continuously looking for ways to improve the accessibility of the site.
- Q4 Are there items I shouldn't bring to the Pride Festival?
All bags and persons at Canalside Live concerts (including Buffalo Pride Festival) are subject to security inspection. The following information is designed to assist in expediting the entry process.
Items that must be placed on the security inspection tables:
- ALL METAL
- Cell phones
- Electronic devices
Prohibited items at Canalside Concerts & Events:
- Any item deemed inappropriate or dangerous by security
- Weapons of any kind
- Backpacks and large tote bags (diaper bags and small purses are permitted – no larger than 12″ by 12″)
- Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Glass containers
- Outside food or beverage, including coolers
- All professional video and photo cameras
- Recording devices
- Selfie sticks, Tripods or Monopods
- Laser pointers
- Air horns
- Animals (unless a service animal)
- Bicycles (within the secure perimeter)
- Q5 Who coordinates the Pride Festival?
The Evergreen Foundation, an affiliate of Evergreen Health, coordinates and manages the Buffalo Pride Pride Parade and Pride Festival as a way to give back to the communities served by Evergreen Health and its affiliate organizations. If you have questions regarding the parade or festival please email email@example.com.
- Q6 What is included in the Premium Lounge?
You’re invited to the best club experience at Pride 2020 – The Premium Lounge. For individuals ages 21-and-over, the lounge features free-and-discounted-drinks, premium stage views and a break from the crowds. Let us treat you like the queen that you are:
- Admission to the Festival (Private entrance for those who purchase tickets in advance)
- FREE beer/wine/soda tickets with discounted beer/wine/soda after that
- Front of stage viewing area
- Uniquely designed lounge experience
- Premium tent access
- Access to private bathrooms
- Q7 Can you only purchase tickets online?
No. Tickets are available for purchase — without processing fees — at the Canalside office on Main Street. The office is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Tickets can also be purchased from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. every Friday–Sunday after May 10, and every day after May 27, at the Canalside Information Kiosk on the boardwalk.